Launching of Tenaga Suria Brunei (TSB)
The first Renewable Energy Project in Brunei Darussalam
Tenaga Suria Brunei is a joined project of the Government of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam (Government) and Mitsubishi Corporation. The project is fully funded by Mitsubishi Corporation in support of Brunei Darussalam sustainable development efforts through the introduction and utilization of new, alternative and renewable energy.
The main objective of TSB:
- To identify the most suitable and high performance PV technology for the local meteorological conditions
- To develop capacity building including technical expertise
- To increase public awareness of new, alternative and renewable energy
- To accumulate data that can be used assist the Government in formulating policies on renewable energy
- To demonstrate Brunei Darussalam's commitment towards developing and promoting new and renewable energy
Students exploring the Solar Panel Technology
A total of 18 Energy Clubs was involved in the Energy Exhibition held in conjunction with the launching event of Tenaga Suria Brunei (TSB). The students showcased their activities and project models of alternative energy.
Students explaining their project model of alternative energy
Alternative energy invented by the Energy Club